Easy and Powerful Data Entry with DONATION
With the full version of DONATION, you can:
- Record names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of donors
- Use member or envelope numbers, if desired
- Specify various categories of donor and donation
- Record three user-specifiable fields about donors, plus a comments field of virtually unlimited length
- Specify of a list of Groups or Committees that donors can be members of, and record which of them each donor is a member of.
- Record an annual pledge amount for each donor, or switch to more complex pledging options - annual with start date and category, or multi-year with category
- Record dates, amounts, donation categories, cheque numbers
(or how the donation was paid) and descriptions for individual
- Quickly and simply pick donors from a scrolling list, or search for them with two different Find features
- Use a special data entry form to speed entry of weekly donations, collections or offerings for churches
- Use an optional limited-entry password for volunteers to do entry without seeing full details on donors or donation history
- Specify which donations are part of bank deposit, and export a transaction
for that deposit for importing into Software4Nonprofits
ACCOUNTS or QuickBooks
- Optionally use a Local Network version of DONATION to access the same database from multiple computers on your local network
- Optionally use a OnDemand version of DONATION or the Standard version's Cloud Storage Service to access the same database from multiple computers over the Internet
Professional Reports and Letters in DONATION
- Print over 30 different reports on donors, donations, receipts and categories
- Use either of two different ways to create custom reports
- Export any report to various file formats, such as Excel or CSV (comma-separated value)
- Use a powerful ability to create mail merge letters for one, all or some donors
Automated Charitable Receipts in DONATION
- Print numbered charitable receipts in a simple standardized format, plus mailing labels for those receipts
- Print a receipt for just one donor, or for all donors with unreceipted donations, or for a selected subgroup of all donors with unreceipted donations
- Include up to three sections in the receipt:
- A section to send with your tax form that just gives the total
- An optional 2nd section with the details of each individual donation during the year, and
- An optional 3rd section with the totals by category of the donations
- Select different receipt formats for users in the U.S.A., Canada, Australia, and other countries
- Email receipts or statements to donors with email addresses
- For Canadian receipts, properly handle what the Canada Revenue Agency calls "split receipting" - the handling of donations where the donor receives an "advantage", by the use of an optional Eligible Amount field
- For Canadian receipts, create special receipts for
Gifts in Kind / Non-Cash donations
- Optionally print bilingual (French/English) or French-only receipts for users in Quebec, with an extra copy for the donor's provincial tax form
- Print duplicate receipts (e.g. if someone loses one)
- Print corrected receipts (if something in the receipt was incorrect)
- Generate receipts in a format that you design, instead of the built-in formats, by using the mail merge features
Good to Know about DONATION
- DONATION generates up to 99,999 numbered receipts per year.
- DONATION has context-sensitive help and a full manual online.
- It uses a powerful open source SQL-based Firebird database, which allows
the data to be accessed for other purposes (with appropriate tools).
- It has simple options to backup all of your data to a local drive (preferably a USB memory key), and to restore such backups. Those backups can also optionally be followed by an encrypted backup to a secure Internet location, and those Internet backups can be restored.
- DONATION lets you send encrypted backups to yourself or a colleague by email, and restore those backups.
- DONATION reminds you to do backups of your database weekly, or at a frequency of your choosing.
- Backups are not required for the Remote Database Version - they are made for you automatically.
- The program can store donations for multiple organizations on the same computer.
- You can import files of donors from assorted file formats, and import
- While the program is entirely in English, some entry of accents and characters for foreign languages is possible.
- Currency and dates are displayed in your regional format, as defined in Windows Control Panel's Regional settings.
DONATION for Churches
DONATION provides features particularly useful to churches and other places of
worship that have regular collections, and/or use envelopes.
Check out the details of these features.
Product Requirements for DONATION
- Windows Vista SP1 or higher, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows Server 2008 or later
(32-bit or 64-bit)
- The OnDemand version can run on a Mac as well as Windows, and also (for limited use) on Android or iOS (iPad) tablets.
- Screen properties set to 800 x 600 or
higher, with Normal size Fonts selected in your Display settings,
or to 1024 x 768 or higher, if you are using Large size Fonts.
(DONATION will not work on a 640 x 480 display, and part of
the main window will be hidden if you use 800 x 600 resolution with
Large size Fonts.)
Free Lite Version of DONATION Software
The free Lite version of DONATION is feature-limited.
It is suitable for some small charities and churches, allowing them to process
up to 100 donors with donations in each year.
Upcoming DONATION Software Features
See the Future Improvements page for information about planned and possible features to be added to DONATION.
* In Canada, you need a charitable registration number to issue charitable tax receipts. While other organizations do send other types of receipts, they cannot be used as a tax deduction, and the receipts printed by DONATION may not be suitable for that use.