Getting Support for your ACCOUNTS Software
Cooperstock Software recommends three ways to get support for ACCOUNTS:
- Read the Product Documentation: You can answer most questions by consulting the ACCOUNTS help file or manual (which have the same contents).
- After installing ACCOUNTS, you access the help by via the quick link Help Contents & Index on the home page, the menu option Help ⇒ Contents and Index, or the Help button on virtually every other window.
- You can search in the help using the Index or Search tabs.
- If you haven't installed ACCOUNTS, you can read the manual online from the Documentation page.
- Check the FAQs: Many common questions are answered on the
Frequently-Asked Questions page on this web site.
- Email Cooperstock Software: info@Software4Nonprofits.com. You may also phone us at (416) 423-7722, but we would strongly encourage you to try email first, because it is better if there are many details in my answer.
ACCOUNTS Software Support Policy
Support is available to all ACCOUNTS users who:
- Are still in their initial 60-day evaluation period for the paid
- Have paid for the program within the last 12 months.
When you inform us of problems or have questions, we have the following policies, in order to optimize the use of our resources and give you the most efficient and effective support:
- We reserve the right to first ask you to read a relevant Help topic that we recommend, if you have not already done so, and try the instructions included in it. If that does not work, you can get back to us and let us know where you are stuck.
- We also reserve the right to ask you to send us your problem or question by email, with appropriate screen shots where relevant, and for us to respond by email, rather than doing support over the phone. In the less common cases where we feel it will be helpful to talk over a problem on the phone, or do a remote-control session so we can see what is happening on your computer, we will let you know.
ACCOUNTS support cannot replace your accountant!
It is important to understand that while we can advise you on how
to use the program to enter your transactions, get your reports, etc.,
we cannot advise you on what transactions you should be making,
which reports you should use for which purposes, etc. It is your accountant's job to give you that advice, and it would be a major liability issue for us to do so!
Maximum One Day Response Time for ACCOUNTS Software
If you email us and receive no reply within a day,
please phone us to follow up, at (416) 423-7722.
Most emails will be answered much sooner.
Remote Control Support for ACCOUNTS Software
In rare cases, we may offer to solve complex problems by remote controlling your computer, with your permission and participation. In those cases, we use a program from Techinline to do so.
Bug Reports and Feature Requests about ACCOUNTS Software
Please report any bugs you find in ACCOUNTS, and feel free to request
ACCOUNTS Software Support Exceptions
Your support subscription includes all normal "how to" questions,
help with any problems you are having with the program, etc.
However, there may be special unusual requests that are not
part of the standard support expectations, like data conversions from
programs that ACCOUNTS cannot currently convert from etc.
In cases like this, if we are able and willing to take on the work,
we will negotiate an hourly charge for our time. (It is rare that
anyone needs this.)
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Check out software developer Simon Tatham's useful article on bug reporting at www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html. It indicates what sorts of details are helpful when reporting apparent software bugs. The article exhibits a bit of "attitude", but does give good advice overall.