Getting Support for DONATION Software
Cooperstock Software recommends three ways to get support for DONATION:
- Read the Product Documentation: You can answer most questions by consulting the DONATION help file or manual (which have the same contents).
- After installing DONATION, you access the help by via the menu option Help ⇒ Contents and Index.
- You can search in the help using the Index or Search tabs.
- If you haven't installed DONATION, you can read the manual online from the Documentation page.
- Check the FAQs: Many common questions are answered on the
Frequently-Asked Questions page on this web site.
- Email Cooperstock Software: info@Software4Nonprofits.com. You may also phone us at (416) 423-7722, but we would strongly encourage you to try email first.
Support Policy for DONATION Software
Support is available to all DONATION users who:
- Are still in their initial 60-day evaluation period for the paid
- Have paid for the program within the last 12 months, or
- Are in their first month after registration of the free Lite version, or
- Are using the Lite version and have paid the small annual support fee for it.
When you inform us of problems or have questions, we have the following policies, in order to optimize the use of our resources and give you the most efficient and effective support:
- We reserve the right to first ask you to read a relevant Help topic that we recommend, if you have not already done so, and try the instructions included in it. If that does not work, you can get back to us and let us know where you are stuck.
- We also reserve the right to ask you to send us your problem or question by email, with appropriate screen shots where relevant, and for us to respond by email, rather than doing support over the phone. In the less common cases where we feel it will be helpful to talk over a problem on the phone, or do a remote-control session so we can see what is happening on your computer, we will let you know.
Maximum One Day Response Time for DONATION Support
If you email us and receive no reply within a day,
please phone us to follow up, at (416) 423-7722.
Most emails will be answered much sooner.
Remote Control Support for DONATION
In rare cases, we may offer to solve complex problems by remote controlling your computer, with your permission and participation. In those cases, we use a program from Techinline to do so.
Bug Reports and Feature Requests about DONATION
Please report any bugs you find in DONATION, and feel free to request
DONATION Support Exceptions
Your support subscription includes all normal "how to" questions,
help with any problems you are having with the program, etc.
However, it does not include custom data conversion from other systems.
Fortunately, these are almost never necessary because of the flexible
importing options in the program, and the built-in conversions from
several other programs. It also does not include any work
we do for you to develop custom mail-merge receipts or letters, because you
are able to do that yourself in the built-in mail merge editor, or via
Microsoft Word in unusual cases. If you do need us to perform custom
data conversions or custom receipt or letter development for you, or
the very unusual other situations that we do not consider to be
part of standard support, we will
negotiate an hourly charge for our time. (It is extremely rare that
anyone needs this.)
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Check out software developer Simon Tatham's useful article on bug reporting at www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html. It indicates what sorts of details are helpful when reporting apparent software bugs. The article exhibits a bit of "attitude", but does give good advice overall.